Sunday, July 1, 2007

Storytelling

I am reading about the impact of stories on our life. We have all grown up on stories, whether they be Epics (my Grandfather telling me the story of the Ramayana as a 5 year old), or fairy tales or Aesop's Fables, or stories of Noddy that we read as children.

I am sure we all learnt a lot from them. To whatever extent, they have played a role in shaping our views on the world. From there, a school of thought concludes that stories could play a very important role in organizational learning, too. The logic for this is quite compelling.

Any other viewpoints that anyone would like to present? I am trying to understand the impact of storytelling, both in positive and negative terms, on organizational learning and organizational sharing.

Will write more about my thoughts on storytelling tomorrow!

No comments: