Friday, July 27, 2007

Social Computing and Technology

I have been reading a lot about Social Computing. And I am trying to experiment with it too. Though, trying is the closest I get to it. For some strange reason (or maybe its too much to ask for ...), the formidable Social Computing challenge is being made more formidable by technology.

I was trying to setup my account on Technorati, and that is quite a simple task. As they say ... The Devil lies in the Details. There is a mind-boggling array of tools all arrayed out there for you to us. Needless to say, these are not meant for an ignoramus like you. Yours truly ... A technological dinosaur!

I will definitely write more about it. As you know, Social Computing is something I am very interested in, and if you dont know (I dont think you would), I would like to see some simplification. So a nincompoop like me could "compute socially". Theres a lot of stuff there ... Ping, and a huge Developer Centre. Of course, there would be a school of thought that would believe that a lot of this stuff that is more cutting edge than anything else, and one cant expect cutting edge technology to be user friendly, but it has to become that, if it wants any scope of becoming mainstream. At least, thats what my Corporate Strategy Prof. told in Class! :-)

No comments: