Friday, July 13, 2007

Blog on Blogs

I had quite an illuminative discussion with Sunil (a co-Knowledge Manager, and a football fanatic. Chelsea, i think), about why people dont blog. Its 6:30 pm on a Friday evening, and we are discussing this. Any which way, I need to go home and study. Have an Exam this Sunday ... Corporate Strategy!

Two things that we agreed upon:

  1. Its too much effort.
  2. Its not comfortable.

I would think the comfort factor with blogging is the larger factor behind adoption, just as it is for any new technology. Once we can isolate this, can we work towards addressing this? How? One thought that comes to mind: Training. Will it help? How do we train people to blog? And does that last sentence even make sense?

1 comment:

Sunil Jose said...

I agree its just a mental thing..it's like the frog in the well asking 'If I am comfortable here then why should I venture out?'.

The challenge I feel is getting the frog out, and making the outside world his comfort zone.

It makes just a few things linger in my mind, should the frog be pushed out, pulled out or should we patiently tempt or bait him to step outside?