Friday, August 17, 2007

Funny or Intelligent?

I was watching an interview with Bollywood's funny man ... Sajid Khan. No matter he gets on people's nerves, he is funny. He says people dont take him seriously, they dont think he is intelligent, because he is funny.

Hmmmmm ... Thats a fact, isnt it? People believe that if you are funny, you are a clown, and a clown is not meant to be intelligent. Is that true? I wouldnt think you would say it is. Fact is, anyone who is funny has to give people a reason to laugh. To do that, he has to find the reason that would make people laugh, and that requires a keen understanding of human nature, and of the cultural and intellectual background of the audience. And all of this has to be done in a split second. I believe I have a good sense of humour, and I can make people laugh, but the audience has to be able to connect to my wavelength, not the other way round. From that perspective, I wouldnt say I am intelligent, though I Hope that I get to be.

No comments: